Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Travel Photography It Is! Thanks to the book "New York Sleeps:Christopher Thomas"

Do you remember when I had that predicament a few weeks ago about my decision to pursue a more "Travel" based career and shooting "Travel" for my portfolio, or shooting a "Advertising/Commercial" based portfolio for school. Well thanks to the new book i discovered at work well re-shelving books, "New York Sleeps:Christopher Thomas" i came to the final conclusion "Travel it is!" There were beautiful images in this book, all black and white, with great Polaroid borders. Basically he photographed an "empty" New York and made New York seem abandoned. It was great.

Just the thought of traveling to a wide range of places, and challenging myself to shoot a specific location different from a way any other photographer has. Not that i don't love commercial/advertising because I do! So that's that!

Also unfortunately because of a confusion with my schedule i should have been in first class Web Portfolio 1 from 12:30-4:30 instead of working here in the library. Oh well, stuff happens and i will have to get caught up! That's my quick rant of a blog to keep you updated.

Goodnight and Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment