Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to school, continuing work, and having an epiphany just now!

Well here i am working in the library again, which will be from 12-10PM tonight. Ouch! My first double shift at the library.....

Well the weekend was a bit soggy and wet, but definitely still fun! Friday i didn't do much after work, Saturday I hung out and played cards with Gabby(my girlfriend) and Sunday watched my Broncos go 4-0 by defeating the Cowboys 17-10! It was a great game, and pretty exciting. The whole season writers and critics doubted our new team, with 33 yr old coach Josh McDaniel's but we have proved so far we are for real! Than took the dog to the dog park with Gabby in the foggy wet afternoon, although i love that type of weather. We were drenched by the time we got home though as was the dog!

Monday I slept in, and woke up to prepare some delicious French toast (At least I thought) spending the whole day with Gabby (which is really humbling and rewarding) and i am grateful for it and than watching some TV and eventually going to sleep.

Man, i don't know what it's been lately but i have had trouble getting out of bed. This morning I knew i had to work at 12PM and therefore i had to catch the bus down the street by 11:21am. I didn't get up until 10:45am continually hitting the snooze button on my phone's alarm clock. I think its due to my lack of exercise, and slightly unhealthy eating habits. Although lately i've been pretty hearty and healthy. Yesterday started off with some french toast, (although not the healthiest thing), than had some grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup, and dinner, i enjoyed my dad's chipotle potatoes with pork.

This morning i started off with a napkin full or country made potatoes on the way to the bus stop. Now im getting ready to jump into a cheese sandwich! Enough of my eating habits.

Well I'm back to school tomorrow! I am excited about that. I set down my camera and didn't touch it all school break.That bring me to my epiphany. Posting these blogs and giving you all this literal information I'm sure seems to get boring... I am a visual person and i should be posting photos to accompany the literature because i am a visual person, and you should see my vision through this PHOTO blog. I will start doing that as often as possible and as soon as i can.

I shot with a super sampler a few weeks back, and still have another role to get developed. A super sampler is an andy warholish type camera that shoots on 35mm color film, and gives you the image you capture in 4 different colors. Yellow, Blue, Red, And Green. It's a toy camera for sure because you have no control over focus, exposure, or even composition. I love shooting with these cameras because you never know what your going to get. I will post some images i have shot recently soon!

Shifting gears last night I started reading "A Camera, Two Kids, and a Camel: My Journey in Photographs" by Annie Griffiths Belt. It's a fascinating book just from the start. Its a book on the journey this woman took as a photographer with her 2 kids from birth. She and her husband traveled to numerous places around the world with their 2 kids, since they were born. Annie started off not at all wanting to be a photographer, but she was always fascinated with "images" more than reading and writing. She started off working as a waitress, than eventually attended college and picked up a camera and from than on she was fascinated with photography. She worked for the college newspaper, and was eventually hired on to be one of the first female National Geographic Photographers. The book is great from what i have read, and i can't wait to read more!

Like i said i am fascinated more visually than literally. I love literature and the English language, and i love writing but i will start posting more images of my journeys everyday even if it's just an image of the french toast i made, or the soggy streets in Denver. I must carry my camera MORE. Well that's the conclusion of today's post.

The Rockies play the Phillies tomorrow in the National League Division series in the playoffs. Go Rockies!

The Broncos have a tough test Sunday against coach Josh McDaniel's former team the Patriots. Good luck to the Broncos!

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment