Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Enjoying The Break...... and The Nice Weather.... for now

Well just chilling here at work its about 2:30 Denver Time. The weather is a nice 80 degrees and sunny out side, but unfortunately I'm stuck in here until 6... : ( Well one of my photos made "The Wall" the "Smoking Kills" one. Excited about that. Also excited about the 23-3 destruction of the lowly Oakland Raiders. My Broncos are 3-0 and have a tough game ahead at home against Dallas. I hope we can win and continue our dominance!

My next quarters class schedule looks like this

Portfolio Exploration-Cynthia Holling Morris-Wed-7:30am-11:30am

Portfolio Design & Production-Todd Dobbs-Wed-12:30-4:30pm

Web Photographic Port I-John Fellers-Thu-12:30-4:30pm

Portfolio, Portfolio, Portfolio! That's what it comes down to in the working art world. You must have a good portfolio, with great work in the portfolio, and great presentation of the portfolio.

Starting this process I just purchased some Moab kayenta photo matte paper. 50 double sides sheets for $50 from Buy.com. Its great paper, and its cheap! As a student I need that.

Also I'm sort of in a bind now, i haven't decided if i want my portfolio to be Travel, or Advertising/Commercial. According to my portfolio teachers I've already sort of committed to Travel but with this last Advertising/Commercial class I had, i believe i had some really strong work so it's hard. I do love travel, and i love the idea of taking pictures well traveling and making money doing it. I'll keep you updated on that....

Another event that happened over the weekend was my re watching of the movie About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson. It's a great movie and one of my favorites. I love the message portrays. There's also a book which I haven't read yet. If you haven't seen this movie or read the book I advise you do. There's actually parts in the movie that are filmed right here in Denver. Who would have known hah? Big time movies being filmed in Denver.

Well im about typed out now. I'm going to enjoy my limon lays chips, and my sprite and find something else to do....

Adios.





No comments:

Post a Comment