Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

16th St. Mall, Denver/Advertising, Museum of Contemporary Art-Denver











Well over the past week I have been pretty busy! Luckily this past Saturday night I was able to fit in a fun night. I went to Beta Nightclub in Denver with my Dad and girlfriend, where I have been in the past, and shot DJ's in the past. It was pretty fun I saw Michael Fuller who was good, and Donald Glaude who was not so good and kept playing the same beat the whole night but nonetheless it was a fun night!

Sunday I headed down to the 16th St. Mall and shot for my survey class. There's some interesting people down there I must say. I particularly got to photography what i call Robo-Man. He scares people on the mall, makes robo-sounds, makes funny comments and jokes, and acts out The Matrix Scenes. He was quite amusing. I also shot some homeless musicians, and gladly donated to them in trade for them allowing me to take their photo.

Advertising

POWER

We had been assigned the "Power Assignment" and for this we are using tactics previous advertisers have used to show power in their ad. You can do this in a variety of different ways. I chose to do overexaggerate something and make it more than it really is. I did an anti-smoking ad and I will let the photo speak for itself.

Tuesday afternoon in Advertising Class we took a trip to the Museum of Contemporary Art which was fascinating. The architecture of the interior and exterior was amusing. We had to do an on location shoot of anything we chose (model, product, architecture etc.) inside or outside of the building. I didn't have an idea coming in but figured something would pop up. I saw a bottle of limeade, and some limes available for purchase at the cafe they had. I decided to do an ad for Honest Ade Limeade! I believe it turned out well, and it was all natural lighting shot on a mirror surface. Check it out!

Well that's all i have for this weeks episode but tune in next week for more exciting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment