Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Graduation.... Statement of Career Intent.... The Curtis Hotel.... and a Hidden Jewel





Graduation
I apologize to all my followers for not updating this since late January of this year. A lot has happened since my last post. First off I am graduating next Friday, and receiving my Associate of Applied Science degree in Photography. So exciting!! My portfolio is finished, and all my marketing materials are printed and ready for use including; letterhead, business cards, envelope, resume, cover letter, leave behind (I had silver aluminum material cut out in the shape of luggage tags, and had my logo, website and phone number engraved in black on them.) My website is up and running. www.alucerophotography.com.

I had my logo engraved on my silver aluminum portfolio, which is 13x19, and my portfolio is printed on the beautiful Pictran Kyokushi paper. The best paper i've ever printed on. I had a total of 19 prints total in my book. If you go to my website and look at my Travel Gallery, that is pretty much my portfolio. The first 19-21 images at least. I just have to finish my presentation board, than i'll be ready for Portfolio Review and Graduation, and I'm having a Grad Party Friday night too!

Statement of Career Intent
My Statement of Career Intent is what I do, why I do it, and how I plan to make money doing it basically.

Angelo Lucero has a passion for traveling and photography. The idea of waking up on any given day to the smell of different foods, and the allure of various cultures drives his passion. Angelo uses existing light to capture colorful eye-catching images. As a travel photographer, he sells his work to travel magazines and catalogs, hotels, restaurants, lodges, and the occasional stock agency.

The Curtis Hotel
This past weekend we stayed at The Curtis Hotel in downtown Denver for a night. It was a beautiful hotel that had some great food! We were able to take our Husky, so that was convenient. The main reason I went was because I wanted to get a nice food and hotel shot for my portfolio. Luckily I was able to! "The Office" which was their restaurant was beautifully designed and lit on the interior.

For the interior of the hotel I set the camera on the table, and tried to get some depth of field by placing the hotel key on the table. As for both food shots and interior of the restaurant, those were hand held and all images were using existing light. The diptych image with the delicious looking ice cream and the hotel card is what made it in my portfolio. The other one inside the restaurant with the eggs benedict will be on my website.

A Hidden Jewel
I was going through my hard drive a few weeks ago and stumbled across this image I took when we went on a camping trip in Colorado. It was taken on highway 24. The color was beautiful, and this made it in my portfolio! It is titled "Untitled, Highway 24, Colorado."

Until next time......

Farwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment